In 2014, there were 4.35 billion email address accounts globally. Predictions for the future state that by 2019, this figure will be around 5.59 billion resulting in an overall growth of 26%. Many people struggle to live without their emails, for even an hour. This isn’t that surprising, considering in 2014, an astonishing 122,500,453,020 emails were sent every hour. So why do people consider email marketing a strategy of the past?
Mobile email marketing
Yes, the days of Meg Ryan and Tom Hank’s style of ‘You’ve got mail’ marketing is long gone, but that doesn’t diminish the power of the online communication. In fact, with the growing technology and dependence on smartphones, our emails are always with us. By 2017, it is predicted that 1.79 million people will access emails via their mobile device. This digital communication is always with us, therefore provides the perfect opportunity for marketing.
Facts and figures of email marketing
With 80% of content marketers use email marketing, it’s hard to justify that it is dead! Further, 55% of companies generate more than 10% of their sales from email.
Marketers themselves have consistently ranked email as the single most effective tactic for awareness, conversion and retention. Compared to marketing on Facebook and Twitter, email can be almost 40 times better at acquiring new customers. Email marketing is said to be the biggest marketing channel on Black Friday, driving in an additional 25.1% of all orders. 66% of consumers have made a purchase having just read a marketing email.
Should you use email marketing?
- It is a highly cost effective way of engaging your audience.
- You can gain an instant snapshot of effectiveness. Just about every email marketing platform will offer a set of analytics that will let you see what is engaging to your visitors or subscribers. Because of this, it allows you to track what works well and what doesn’t.
- Email marketing can direct visitors back to your website time and time again when you have something valuable to offer them.
- Emails are very easy to share. If someone likes the information that you have offered within your email marketing campaign, all they need to do is to hit the ‘forward’ link.
- Email marketing can be produced within minutes.
- Many people won’t even bother to open your email. On a good email, you can receive a 1 in 5 open rate. 80% of emails that you send out may not even be opened.
- It is not uncommon for someone to receive over 100 emails in one single day from various brands trying to sell something. In order for your efforts to stand out, you have got to be different in some way.
How Thump can help you
Here at Thump, we often use an email marketing campaigns for a range of different clients. With our ethos centred on being different and standing out from the crowd, we can use our creativity to cut through the noise and deliver successful email marketing campaigns.
For example, for our client Reliance High-Tech, Thump produced a successful emailing marketing for their S2 Securities. Thump realised the importance of a headline to encourage people to click on the email. By adding an title to one of the mail-outs, users were over twice as likely to click on the email.
Email marketing is far from dead. With the right creative minds, it is alive and kicking. If you think email marketing can help your business, get in touch with us at Thump. We promise to always make an impact whether its on a website or in an inbox.